Saanich is now in Phase 3 of our Agriculture Food Security planning initiative and we are seeking your input.
Please join us for an informative afternoon with both an open house & discussion sessions.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cedar Hill Golf clubhouse, 1400 Derby Road
At the open house, we will have information boards for public review and comment sheets for public input. You’ll hear a presentation from local experts followed by round table discussions on key themes and potential action for Saanich agriculture and food security.
Our team took your comments from the past year and identified five key themes:
- Connecting gaps in the local food system to improve food self-sufficiency
- Strengthening local awareness of the local food system
- Improving the interconnection between food production and the environment
- Managing land use to support farmland
- Supporting multi-generational farmers and emerging farmers
Reserve a place at the discussion table!
Contact Jane Evans: firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-475-5494 ext. 3401.
Visit our agriculture & food security plan pages for more information including a review of the public engagement results and summary of key themes.