If you are planning on building an entirely new building measuring more than 10 x 10 (107sft), a building permit is required. New Accessory building projects include, but not limited to;
- detached garage
- detached carport
- pump house
- pool house
Each accessory building you wish to build, require a separate building permit.
The links below are designed to assist you with your permit application. Each link includes the necessary information you need to submit in order to help speed up processing your permit.
The more complete your application is, the faster you will get your permit.
Application: Accessory Building [PDF - 176 KB]
A complete application includes:
- Five complete sets of plans.
- Completed application form.
- Current certificate of title dated within 30 days plus copies of any encumbrances registered against the parcel (Covenants, Rights-of-Way).
- Owner signature or if you’re not the owner, an Agent’s Authorization [PDF - 76 KB] from the owner.
- Application fee [PDF - 8 KB]
More information to help you prepare a correct permit application submission. See below, or request hard copies from Inspection Services at the Municipal Hall.
- Permit Plans example [PDF - 78 KB]
- Additional Permit Information [PDF - 125 KB]
- Building & Plumbing Bylaw [PDF - 99 KB]
For questions about trees and development, applying for tree permits and the Tree Preservation Bylaw.