- Blasting in Saanich requires that you get a blasting permit.
- The links below are designed to assist you with your permit application.
- Blasting is a heavily regulated industry governed by WorkSafeBC
- Only a certified blaster may apply for a blasting permit.
Application: Blasting Permit Application [PDF - 134 KB]
A complete application includes:
- Complete application form.
- An approved Building Permit or an approved Engineering Servicing Drawing, must be in place prior to applying for a Blasting Permit.
- Proof of Insurance by your Insurance Agent is required, indicating $2,000,000 liability.
- A valid Saanich Business Licence.
Fee: $30.00 (subject to change without notice)