We provide a wide range of emergency services:
- Fire suppression (structure fires, brush/wild fires, vehicle fires)
- Medical response
- Vehicle extrication
- Land and marine rescue
- Mutual aid requests
- Public service requests
- All other emergencies requiring our professional attention
Specialty teams are ready to respond to incidents like:
- Hazardous materials emergencies.
- Technical and high angle rescues.
- Confined space rescues.
- Inspect public buildings.
- Respond to burning complaints.
- Conduct fire station tours
- Maintain stations and equipment.
- Provide public education and in-house training.
- Train daily to be ready to respond to any kind of emergency.
Suppression and Rescue Statistics
- Area Served: 103.43 sq km
- Population: 114,000
- Fire Stations: 3
- 123.5 Uniform Members
- Activity Levels [PDF - 38 KB]
Did you know?
The Fire Department received Superior Tanker Shuttle Service Accreditation from the Fire Underwriters Survey of B.C. in 2013.
This accreditation is significant for our community. It means we can provide superior fire protection in waterless areas and give most residents considerable fire insurance premium savings.