The District of Saanich is seeking an experienced journeyman mechanic for work in the Fleet Section. The successful candidate will be responsible for specific tasks which require journeyman skills in heavy duty, automotive and diesel mechanics, as well as welding, maintenance, electrical and body refinishing work on a wide variety of vehicles and equipment.
- secondary school graduation;
- valid B.C. Class 3 Driver’s Licence with air brake endorsement;
- Trades Qualification Certificate or Certificate of Apprenticeship in commercial transport, automotive or heavy duty mechanics;
- B.C. Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program Inspector’s Authorization Certificate;
- Wheel Installer’s Certificate;
- Certificate of Attendance from a vocational/technical school for oxygen acetylene, ARC and MIG welding and/or equivalent experience;
- extensive knowledge of WCB regulations, WHIMIS and the Motor Vehicle Act;
- computer skills related to modern vehicle diagnostics as well as Microsoft Excel and Word;
- sufficient health, physical conditioning, strength, stamina and coordination to permit performance of work in all types of weather.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. (40 hours per week).
*Testing will be conducted*