Our program runs in the spring and fall to cover all areas.
January 30 to May 19, weather permitting.
Areas covered: North Quadra, Quadra, Shelbourne (north of Lansdowne Rd.), Gordon Head and Cadboro Bay. Spring 2017 flushing area map
2017 fall flushing program
You may notice a temporary discolouration or low water pressure.
What can I do if I have discoloured water?
Discolouration is not a health hazard. It’s strictly aesthetic.
- Run an outside tap or cold water tap in your bathtub until the water is clear.
- Minimize consumption until water runs clear.
- You may find that discoloured water can clog your kitchen and bathroom faucet screens. If that happens, clean them out by hand.
Saanich accepts no liability for inconvenience or damages caused by low pressure or discoloured water use during our flushing program.
How can I find out when you're flushing in my area?
Sign up for a notification and we’ll let you know. You can do this two ways:
By phone or by email
Receive a phone call or email the day before or day of flushing on your street.
- Email addresses are retained until you opt out.
- If you have previously registered no need to contact us unless you wish to opt out.
- Phone numbers are only kept for the current year's flushing program and re-registration is required.
- Provide your name, residential address and either your email or phone number to:
- 250-475-5481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I stop the notifications?
- Call the Waterworks Section at 250-475-5481, or
- Email email@example.com (also provided at the end of your email notification).
What do you do with my information?
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA): Personal information contained in your email is collected pursuant to section 26(c) of FIPPA and will be only be used for the purposes of notifying you of water main flushing. If you have questions regarding its collection and disclosure, contact the Saanich Information and Privacy Team, 770 Vernon Ave. Victoria BC or telephone 250-475-1775.