Saanich makes it a priority to help residents improve the energy efficiency and longevity of their homes by supporting a range of home energy retrofit programs. Saanich’s Climate Action Plan sets out a goal of reducing community greenhouse gas emissions 33% by 2020. From upgrading fire places to switching from oil to heat pumps, there are several ways you can make your home more efficient. Check below to see what special offers may be available to Saanich residents that can help you with important energy upgrades to your home!
Home Renovation Rebate Program “Special Offer” Delivers New Incentives for All Home Heating Types
Saanich is partnering with BC Hydro and FortisBC to provide additional rebates and bonus incentives to homeowners who complete energy efficient home renovations in the utilities’ Home Renovation Rebate Program. The Municipal Partner Offer will also provide rebates to oil-heated homes that were previously not available. The Municipal Partner Offer includes a $500 District of Saanich “top-up rebate” to the $750 Home Renovation Rebate Bonus Offer, a phone support hotline to answer homeowner questions, as well as optional energy coaching to guide participants through their home energy improvement and rebate application process.
This Municipal Partner Offer is only available to District of Saanich residents until July 31, 2017 or until funds are exhausted.
Additionally, Saanich residents will be able to access all the Home Renovation Rebates available across the province. Home renovation rebates include:
- Up to $1,200 for attic, wall and basement insulation upgrades
- Up to $500 for draftproofing upgrades
- $800 for improving your home’s heating system with a ductless air source heat pump
- Up to $1,000 for high-efficiency natural gas hot water heaters (tank or instantaneous gas)
- Up to $50 for each ENERGY STAR ventilation fan
- $300 for EnerChoice fireplaces
- Energy Coaching Home Evaluation Rebate of $150
$750 Bonus for installing three or more eligible upgrades (+$500 from the Municipal Partner Offer)
Manage your energy use and lower your bills by making improvements to your home.
How you can benefit:
- Rebates help to offset renovation costs
- A more comfortable, healthier home
- Savings on energy bills
- Lower energy use and environmental impact
- A potential increase in the value of your home.
How to Participate
- Register online with the Municipal Partner Offer.
The Province of BC is now offering rebates of up to $1,700 when you upgrade from an oil heating system to an air source heat pump. Thanks to an additional $300 in top-up incentives from the District of Saanich and the Capital Regional District, now is the time for residents to consider a switch to an energy efficient air-source heat pump.
For more information, visit www.oiltoheatpump.ca or call 1-877-545-6247
Why make the switch?
- Save between $1,300 to $2,700 on your energy bills each year.
- Eliminate the risk of a costly oil tank spill to your property and the environment.
- Dramatically reduce your home’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Get comfortable and cost effective heating all year round.
- Gain access to HERO rebates (see below) and other energy saving upgrades.
- Register for the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program. If Saanich top-up incentives remain at the time of your registration and you live in Saanich, you will be notified that a Saanich top-up incentive has been reserved for you along with your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive. Your incentives will be reserved for you for up to 6 months.
- Complete all the other Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program steps.
- Submit the CRD and Saanich Evaluation Incentive Application Form along with your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Application Form.
- Receive your Saanich top-up incentive in addition to your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive via the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.
The Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program is funded by the Ministry of Energy and Mines’ Innovative Clean Energy (ICE) Fund, designed to support the B.C. government’s energy, economic, environmental and greenhouse gas reduction priorities and advance B.C.’s clean energy sector.
A limited amount (50) of incentives of $150 per home for EnerGuide home evaluations are available to qualifying Saanich residents who complete the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program. There are also a limited number (125) of incentives of $150 per home for EnerGuide home evaluations are available to qualifying Capital Region residents who complete the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.