Saanich makes it a priority to help residents improve the energy efficiency, comfort, affordability, and longevity of their homes by supporting a range of home energy retrofit programs. Saanich’s 2010 Climate Action Plan sets out a goal of reducing community greenhouse gas emissions 33% by 2020. From adding insulation to switching from oil to heat pumps, there are several ways you can make your home more efficient. Check below to see what special offers may be available to Saanich residents that can help you with important energy upgrades to your home!
Oil to Heat Pump Incentive: Up to $2,000 for Saanich Residents
The Province of BC is now offering rebates of up to $1,700 when you upgrade from an oil heating system to an air source heat pump. Thanks to an additional $150 in top-up incentives each from the District of Saanich and the Capital Regional District, up to $2000 is available to Saanich residents who switch from oil to an energy efficient air-source heat pump.
For more information, visit oiltoheatpump.ca or call 1-877-545-6247
The oil to heat pump offer is available until September 1, 2018 or until funding is exhausted.
Why make the switch?
- Save between 40 – 75% on your energy bills each year.
- Eliminate the risk of a costly oil tank spill to your property and the environment.
- Dramatically reduce your home’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Get comfortable and cost effective heating all year round.
- Gain access to rebates (see below) and other energy saving upgrades.
- Register for the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program. If Saanich top-up incentives remain at the time of your registration and you live in Saanich, you will be notified that a Saanich top-up incentive has been reserved for you along with your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive. Your incentives will be reserved for you for up to 6 months or until March 31, 2018, whichever comes first
- Complete all the other Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program steps.
- Submit the CRD and Saanich Evaluation Incentive Application Form along with your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Application Form.
- Receive your Saanich top-up incentive in addition to your Oil to Heat Pump Incentive via the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program.
The Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program is funded by the Ministry of Energy and Mines’ Innovative Clean Energy (ICE) Fund , designed to support the B.C. government’s energy, economic, environmental and greenhouse gas reduction priorities and advance B.C.’s clean energy sector.
BC Home Energy Coach
Many rebate programs are available to help with your home energy efficiency improvements.
To find out more about specific rebate programs, home energy upgrade options, EnerGuide home evaluations, or where to start saving energy and making your home more comfortable, contact BC Home Energy Coach at 1.844.881.9790 or visit bcenergycoach.ca.
BC Home Energy Coach is free to BC homeowners. It is funded by the Province of BC’s Innovative Clean Energy Fund and delivered by City Green Solutions, a non-profit society.