The Bowker Creek Initiative coordinates improvements to the Bowker Creek watershed.
- Spans more than 10 km2 (1,018 hectares)
- Overlaps Saanich, Victoria and Oak Bay.
- Headwaters begin at the University of Victoria.
- Flows 7.9 km through storm drains, culverts and open channels.
- Discharges into the ocean in Oak Bay.
The Bowker Creek Watershed Management Plan outlines 4 goals and 11 objectives for the watershed. Saanich, Victoria and Oak bay also endorsed the Bowker Creek Blueprint. This 100-year vision aims to restore and improve the watershed.
Saanich works with Victoria, Oak Bay, Capital Regional District (CRD) and community groups. The CRD carries out both the BCI chair and coordinator roles.