Let us know what you think!
- Review our Open House Boards [PDF - 15.5 MB]or our Draft Active Transportation Plan [PDF - 33.9 MB]
- Take our survey* until December 8, 2017!
Want to talk to us in person?
We’ll be in your neighbourhood at pop-up events and open houses!
Pop-up events are smaller sessions with District staff, Open Houses are larger events with the full project team and provide for more in-depth conversations. Please visit us at whichever event fits your schedule, we’ll be there to answer your questions.
- POP-UP Wednesday Oct. 18 Royal Oak Shopping Centre (Country Grocer) 4-6pm
- POP-UP Thursday. Oct. 19 Tillicum Mall (Community Room) 4-6pm
Saturday. Oct. 21 Uptown Mall (Walmart) 11am-2pmhas been rescheduled to Sunday Oct. 22 Uptown Mall (Walmart) 12-3pm
- OPEN HOUSE Tuesday. Oct. 24 Gordon Head Rec. Centre (Activity Room) 4pm-7pm
- OPEN HOUSE Wednesday Oct. 25 Cedar Hill Rec. Centre (Activity Room) 5pm-8pm
- POP-UP Saturday. Oct. 28 Galey Farms (Market Area) 11am-2pm **weather permitting
- POP-UP Wednesday Nov. 1 Camosun College Lansdowne (Fisher building) 11am-2pm
- POP-UP Thursday. Nov. 2 UVic (University Centre) 11am-2pm
- OPEN HOUSE Saturday. Nov. 4 Pearkes Recreation Centre (Lam Room) 11am-2pm
What happens next?
Our team will compile the feedback from the survey and individual conversations and will then make updates and revisions to the draft plan.
We’ll develop and prioritize short-, and long-term plans and add the final touches based on your feedback.
Early in 2018 we will post the proposed final plan online for feedback and will bring it to Council for their consideration shortly afterward. Check back often and follow #movingsaanichfwd on social media for updates.
What have we done so far?
During Phase 1, Saanich staff gathered feedback from over 2,000 residents through various means of engagement including an online survey, engagement labs, pop-up booths, Saanich Talks speaker series, Walk Bike rallies, public advisory committee meetings and community roadshows.
Based on this feedback we created a Vision, Goals, and Targets summary that have guided the creation of the draft Active Transportation Plan. These can be viewed in our Future Directions Report [PDF - 16.4 MB].
*Personal information, consisting of IP address, is collected when responding to this survey in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The IP address will not be used for any purpose. This survey is voluntary and a response is encouraged, not required. Please do not provide any third-party information (i.e. talk about others) and/or any personally identifiable information about yourself in your responses. Questions can be directed to the District's Privacy Officer at: 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria BC, V8W 2W7, T. 250 475 1775, E firstname.lastname@example.org.