Each school district may have its own plan for dealing with emergencies. Knowing what those plans are will help you know what to do and who to contact.
- Know your school’s emergency plan.
- Know your school’s emergency communications plan.
- Annually complete and return student release forms. Notify the school of any changes.
- Know the location of stored food, water and other supplies at the school.
- Find out if the school is prepared to shelter-in-place.
- Find out where they plan to go if they must evacuate.
- Educate, plan and prepare your family to increase their ability to recover quicker in the event of a disaster.
- Get involved!