Saanich GIS – An Information Service
The Geographic Information System (GIS) map service lets you access public data through maps. We aim to provide integrated, accessible and easy-to-use map tools that will enhance and support the community.
With the map service you can:
- View, query, create, print and share maps and reports with others.
- Access more than 90 layers of information. View the layers list [PDF - 22 KB].
- Launch the map viewer from your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
- Your best eperience for the Full Featured GIS Map Service is by using Internet Explorer. You will likely receive Silverlight Plugin warnings if using Chrome or Firefox browers as they no longer support our Full Featured Map Service. A future GIS upgrade will remove the need for plugins altogether.
Map Service Features
Web-based map viewers enable powerful capabilities for searching, analyzing and sharing information. A central menu gives you easy access to commonly requested tasks like viewing the map layers, creating maps and reports, and querying features in the map. Advanced functions like the integrated Google Street View will synchronize with your location on the map. Collaborate with others by importing external data into your map or exporting information to share with others.
- Display layers by themes like Parks and Trails, Zoning, Transportation, Utilities.
- Find an address or a street location.
- Get a detailed property information report showing lot size and location, zoning, tax levies, assessments and more.
- View underground infrastructure service details like sewer, storm and water.
- Learn about historical sites, significant trees and trail networks.
- Observe landscape change in a neighbourhood by comparing historical aerial photos dating back to 1997.